Play by Post Redux

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The second of Thalric's play by post forums to be created, hopefully this one wont break.

Snapbow Expansion

thefangster
    thefangster

Snapbow Expansion Empty Snapbow Expansion

Post  thefangster Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:36 am

So, I was reading the homebrew Snapbow stuff the other day and I got to thinking that it was kind of lacking a little. So I've come up with these expansions or mods, as I like to call them, and little extras to add to it a little.

So, knowing my track record, prepare for the potential of a lot of brokeness. Any brokeness is unintended.

The Original Snapbow
    Exotic Ranged Weapon
    Snapbow:
    Cost: 400gp
    Range: 150feet
    Damage: 2d6
    Critical: 19-20x2
    Powered by an "air-battery" which propels a metal bolt down a metal barrel
    Every 10 rounds fired, the user must spend one round recharging the air battery which takes a full round action

Ok, Mods first. Mods change the way the Snapbow works as a weapon, mostly by changing the way you attack with it. You can possess any number of these Mods at any time, provided you can carry all of them of course, but you may only use one at a time. Switching between them is a full round action. To change between mods you must be proficient with the Original Snapbow, complicated bolt mechanisms and all that. Of course, even if you have mods, you can still use the Original Snapbow's funcionality

The Scatter Mod
    Cost: 600gp
    Range: 30ft cone
    Damage: 2d6
    Critical: 20 x2
    Charge Duration: 5 rounds
    Recharge Time: 1 round

This Mod causes the Snapbow to fire a bundle of boltsin a 30ft cone directly in front of you. However, it incurs a -2 penalty to your to hit rolls due to the scattery nature of the mod. Subsequent shots in the same round incur additional -2 penalties.

The Farshot Mod
    Cost: 800gp
    Range: 200ft
    Damage: 2d8
    Critical: 19-20 x2
    Charge Duration: 10 rounds
    Recharge Time: 1 round

This Mod causes the Snapbow to fire a modified bolt at high range. The modified bolt is made of stronger material than the standard bolt and so deals more damage. You may only make two attacks per round with this mod, regardless of the number you could ordinarily make. These two attacks are made at your two highest to hit scores. If you make only one attack in a round, then you gain a +2 to hit bonus

The Chain Mod
    Cost: 1000gp
    Range: 100ft
    Damage: 1d6 per hit
    Critical: 20 x2
    Charge Duration: 10 rounds
    Recharge Time: 2 rounds

This Mod causes the Snapbow to fire twice as fast as normal. When using this mod you may make two attacks at each to hit bonus you have. Each succesful hit deals 1d6 damage against a target and each individual attack can crit.

The Blast Mod
    Cost: 1200gp
    Range: 100ft
    Damage: 4d6 (Ref for half) +1d6 fire
    Critical: 20, special effect- see below
    Charge Duration: 3 rounds
    Recharge Time: 2 rounds

This Mod causes the Snapbow to fire a modified bolt. The modified bolt explodes on impact, creating a 15ft radius fireball. This is a non-magical effect. On a successful crit, the fire lingers for 1d3 rounds and deals 1d4 fire damage to anything that is in the area (15ft radius) or moves through the area.

Alright, that's Mods done, now for the Extras. Extras are little things that change how effective the Snapbow and the Mods are.

The Duration Extra

This Extra increases the duration of the Snapbow's air battery charge by one third, rounding down

The Shot Extra

This Extra allows you to fire special bolts with the Snapbow and all the Mods. They special bolts deal an additional 1d4 piercing damage

The Mobility Extra

This Extra allows you to recharge the air battery as a standard action, as opposed to a full round action. This allows you to take a move action when charging the battery. However, the recharge time is unaffected and you must spend that number of rounds recharging the battery

The Range Extra

This Extra increases the range of the Snapbow and Mods by one third, rounding down. The radius of the Blast Mod's fireball is unaffected by this Extra

Well, that's it so far, I may add to this in future. Thoughts and comments are appreciated

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:37 am