Play by Post Redux

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The second of Thalric's play by post forums to be created, hopefully this one wont break.

5 posters

Modern Campaign

Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Modern Campaign Empty Modern Campaign

Post  Thalric Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:26 am

The world of Arca has been ravaged by ten years of war. Great Arcanist Bombs and Seismic Weapons were unleashed upon the continent while huge armies raged against each other. By the end of it the countries were in ruins with a large amount of the population dead along with all their leaders, however three factions brought hope. The three Corperations, Cloanthi, Sergesti and Mnesthi were major powers before the war though the war managed to dimish their power severly. These Corperations head their infrastructure intact and worked with the remnents of the countries to pull together new societies, this reconstruction took five years to become stable with the only danger being Terrorists and Insurgents who disagree with the new societies and those who take up the wild life of being bandits and raiders who kill and rob innocents for a living.
    The corperations have now taken a backseat in the world as they wish to focus their efforts on technological research however they need to ensure that the countries will remain fuctioning in the face of adversity so have commissioned small teams of elite opperatives to blend into various countries and remove any security threats that the country may face.
    Having been hired by the Mnesthi as agents to go to Espius and assist the security forces there which consist of a small force mostly focused on policing the citizens and keeping order in the remnents of the cities.
    You are all standing in your own wing of the Espiusian Security headquaters with your commanding officer Major Ariston who informs you that him and you are the only Mnesthi presence in Espius and those who knew that this team was Mnesthi owned were swiftly silenced so that nothing threatens the team from within Espius.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Modern Campaign Empty Re: Modern Campaign

Post  Thalric Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 am

You are sitting and relaxing in the main hall of your private wing of the Security forces headquarters when you are distracted by the sound of loud footsteps approaching down the corridor. Two men burst through the door heaving a large metal chest, they struggle a little but manage to haul the chest onto a table in the room. Major Ariston calmly walks in behind them, they salute and run out.
    Major Ariston stalks speaking. "That chest is what I've managed to aquire for your first assignment, which you will depart for in no longer than an hour, take all the equipment from it that you desire.
    A small group of insurgents who violently disagree with the way Espius is run. They have barricaded and fortified an abandoned factory about fourty five minutes drive from here and have already raided the city once which cost us the lives of four security officers and around thirteen civilians were caught in the crossfire. The insurgents are well armed and organised, they are quite possibly patrolling the area around their base of opperations. When you are ready to depart there is an armoured vehicle with a driver waiting outside to take you close to the opperation area. We want these men wiped out, show no mercy to them."

He then walks over to the chest and flips its lip open revealing your current armoury:
    One M4 Carbine with 60 rounds
    One Minimi LMG with 80 rounds
    One MSG90 rifle with 10 rounds.
    2 USPs with 48 rounds in total.
    1 MP5 with 30 rounds.
    1 M1014 shotgun with 16 rounds.
    1 Ak-47 with 80 rounds.
    2 Frag Grenades
    2 Smoke Grenades.

"Gentlemen, take your pick of weapons. Then get to the vehicle and deal with this threat."
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 am

I'll take the M4 and wait and see what everyone else takes
    Lucernus
    Lucernus

Post  Lucernus Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:33 am

Lathra gently hefts the MSG90 and shoves its 10 ammo into his pocket, then takes an USP along with 24 bullets. He then loads the two to their capacity and puts them on safety.

"If you drop us off a little way away from the target, we can do a quick recce and plan an attack. Unless anyone has a different plan?"
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 am

loyd takes the shot gun, 1 of each grenadeand the other usp. with all the ammo for both.
    "Any confirmed purchases by the group?" he asks "or any known objective?"
    Pefkalos
    Pefkalos

Post  Pefkalos Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 am

Barry walks over, inspects the AK47 - and stashes it.

Turning around he sees the minimi, and grins maniacly to himself as he goes to it.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am

"Well if that's everything your vehicle is waiting outside, you will be dropped off a short walk away from the building, your driver will then depart and return for five minutes an hour later. If you take any longer than that then we'll assume these terrorists have bettered you."

Ariston walks out of the room.
    Lucernus
    Lucernus

Post  Lucernus Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am

"Let's go. We'll discuss the plan on the way."
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 am

"Sounds good" I'll take the MP5 and it's ammo as well as the other two grenades on my way out
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 pm

"fair enough, lets move, plans dont make themselves..."
    Lucernus
    Lucernus

Post  Lucernus Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:21 pm

(Assuming we are all in the Jeep/whatever) "Ok, we only have an hour to do this when we reach the target. I will pick off any guards or OP's from a peice of terrain, and you three advance from another direction, depending on which approach has the best cover. I'll try to cover your approach, but it's best to assume heavy fire unless you can get up fairly close. Once you enter the building though, you're on your own.

Wait until I fire before starting to move in, I might distract them a little. Plus, you'll hear the shots and know it's time to go."

He stares at them in turn. "Good enough?"
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:37 pm

"Did you consider the possiblity of a roving scout group? The last time I infiltrated a secure compound with incomplete recon I wound up badly injured and blind for a few months due to a group we knew nothing about"
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:59 am

we cant do much, I say we infiltrate silently, establish what there doing first. then we can take them down. so Yeah, fring from the grassy knoll would be a good distrastion for our infiltration, then we rally at a certain point and think things further, eh?
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:53 pm

The car keeps moving for another half an hour and then grinds to a halt, the driver says to you "Keep going along this road to make it to the building," he then points to a group of trees to your left, "through there will also take you there, but watch out I hear it has some defences in place." You get out of the vehicle and it drives back the way you came.
    Lucernus
    Lucernus

Post  Lucernus Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:55 pm

What other terrain is around?
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Thats it, flat plains in one direction, road and forest alongside the road in the other.
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:58 pm

"I vote not plains, too open"
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 am

yeah, road and forest are far to obvious I would expect just patrols along the plains.
    Lucernus
    Lucernus

Post  Lucernus Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 am

"Then the woods it is. Lets take it steady, but we need to move fairly quickly. Keep your eyes open." He steps into the woods, keeping half crouched and his pistol ready.
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 am

Loyd cocks his shotgun and takes the saftey off both his weapons. "Are you gonna move, or are we gonna form a debating society?" He then follows lathra into the woods.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:42 pm

The first few minutes of walking are slightly uphill, none of you notice any abnormalities, at the top of the hill the wood abruptly cuts off.

You see a wall around a large building which is at least two or three floors tall. You can see what you presume to be the road leading into the complex and you presume there to be some form of gate there.
    You can see one man patrolling round the outside of the wall on yourside, staying quite close into it.

Modern Campaign Modernmapone

(Not to scale)
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:45 pm

"Lathra, anywhere here where you can get high enough to get a look inside?"
    Lucernus
    Lucernus

Post  Lucernus Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm

I slowly switch to my sniper and gently lay myself down onto the ground behind a tree, but so I can still see the whole building.

"Here is a good position, I can cover the area quite nicely. I'll check the windows for others."

I'm going to scan the building and see if there are any more enemy troops that I can see.
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Loyd checks his suroundings, "be carefull this is the perfect place to ambush us...."
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:06 pm

"You seem a bit nervous, friend" I smile a little, "I'm sure there's no need to worry yet- we're all proffessionals here" I'll look around all the same and keep voice down, just to make him feel better

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:21 am