Play by Post Redux

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The second of Thalric's play by post forums to be created, hopefully this one wont break.

+2
nidog
Thalric
6 posters

Gladiatorial Campaign

erolac

Gladiatorial Campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Gladiatorial Campaign

Post  erolac Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:38 am

Elleich laughs. Fresh pray has run towards him. He pulls his sword out of the dead man and plunges it into jamven
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:46 am

Elrich's blade lands in Jamven's back. He collapses on the floor bleeding out at. -7
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 am

The three men that Jamven disengaged from start moving towards Rushir and Mandarb, they break into a charge. Two on Mandarb and one on Rushir. Two attacks hit, Rushir takes 4 damage, Mandarb takes 2.
    Pefkalos
    Pefkalos

Post  Pefkalos Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am

Mandarb sighs, and swings at one he is engaged with, there's only some much good slaughter can bring...
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 am

Mandarb's swing cuts the head of the man rougly off. Strands of skin and sinew are all that keeps the man's head to his body.
    Lucernus
    Lucernus

Post  Lucernus Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 am

Rushir jabs viciously at the one who struck him.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 am

The strike hits and but is only a glancing wound. Still just enough to bring the man infront of him down.
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Atrisha looks out at the carnage and does somthing she has never done in her life, she gets down on her knees and prays. Prays to whatever god has blessed her and cursed her at the same time. Blessed her with her independance and her power and cursed her with her fate...
    erolac

Post  erolac Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Elrich draws his Javelin and throws it in the direction of the kneeling woman. He uses Jamven's face to anchor his position.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:08 am

In a one in a thousand shot the Shortspear that Elrich threw flys true. It's deadly point embeds itself in Atrisha's eye. The shaft of the spear sinks further into her head and the tip bursts through the otherside in a small shower of brain, bone and blood. The crowd cheer at the bloodletting, Atrisha slids from on her knees down to the floor, dead.

Armoured men start coming out of the gates. "All right now, end of the match, back to your cells." The peasant that was skirting round the arena edge breaths a sigh of relief but is stopped by one of the guards, a blade is attached to a strange clockwork contraption on his gauntlet. You see the guard shake his head at the peasant and suddenly the blade on the gauntlett extends, the man is impaled on his blade and then the weapon retracts leaving the man to slump on the floor. There is only one surviving peasant who walks out of the arena. The other guards start using their spears to finish off dieing men on the floor, one gets to Jamven but is stopped by the Guard who killed the peasant. "He fought well, maybe he will fight better next match, let him live." a couple of the guards stabalise Jamven and start to carry him out. You follow the guards back out of the arena and into the complex where the fighters are being housed.
    nidog
    nidog

Post  nidog Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:34 am

what so a mistake on my part leads me dead? Cos I wanted storyline and neglected to put "from her cell?" aww........
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:37 am

Namely because you can't see the combat from cells and I hadn't introduced your character, her saying she is able to see it must mean she is in the arena and sadly Elrich the psychopath took advantage of it. and rolled well.
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Jamven's just gonna heal up to full
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:35 pm

So stay unconscious for a few hours and then resting back up to full hp over the course of a few days if given a chance then?
    thefangster
    thefangster

Post  thefangster Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Sounds good, but I'd like a conversation with Elrich if I get the chance as well as healing to full over a few days
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 am

All the survivors of the match gain 400xp.

As you are being led out a guard grabs Mandarb and says "You got another fight ahead of you lad, you have a choice of weapons this time though, whats your tool of choice outa these: Longspear, Greatclub, longsword or light crossbow? Pick quick your match is starting soon."

The rest of you have your weapons and armour taken and are taken back to the complex where you'll be sleeping, the exception to this is Jamven who is carried off to a different building, presumably a medical building. The complex has a variety of shoddy rooms with half broken beds along with a mess area and a sand covered square connecting the rooms which is presumably used for practice combat. As you 'admire' the complex a guard starts speaking. "Listen up! This is the combat town of Galnion, and these will be your quaters. Fight well and you'll be taken to actual towns and cities in the Empire to fight for people, fight badly and you'll be left to rot in the sand here."

While Rushir is standing he hears a voice behind him, you turn to see a man standing behind you. "You look pretty beat up, I can help. I'm a servant of Canteth, here by his divine will," he shows you a small tattoo on his chest. "To get through this we'll have to stick together."
    Pefkalos
    Pefkalos

Post  Pefkalos Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:18 am

"I might as well take that club, let me at them."
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:18 am

They give Mandarb the greatclub and lead him back towards the arena, standing around 60 feet away in the arena is a figure clothed in light robes covering up a chain shirt. He sees the gate open and watches Mandarb walk in, you see him snap a twig in his hand and smile.

There is an announcer in the stalls of the arena. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you the fine fighter Mandarb who made his debue only moments ago slaughtering the men of Lasin. His Opponent is a mysterious man who volunteered to fight here and who picked out Mandarb especially. I bring you, glorious audience, the Grey Ruiner. Will Mandarb break the Grey Ruiner's string of victories or will he be just another fight easily won by his mystical powers? Remember folks this fight is to death or submission, which may result in death anyway."

Your opponent is 60feet away Mandarb, your move.
    Pefkalos
    Pefkalos

Post  Pefkalos Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:30 am

Mandarb mutters under his breath, "I am never an easy win.."

Before dropping his shoulder to charge into the grey robed stranger.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 am

As Mandarb comes rushing down at him a pair of shadowy roots burst from the ground and entwine his legs. His charge is halted as the shadow roots entangle him. In the Grey Ruiner's turn he makes a gesture with his hand and Mandarb feels a slight pain in his chest taking 3 points of damage.
    Pefkalos
    Pefkalos

Post  Pefkalos Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:45 am

"Grrr, cheatin' magic..."

Mandarb attempts to break free, taking more care in his defence
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Mandarb sucessfully forces his way out of the shadows wrapped around his legs. The Grey Ruiner's smile turns into a scowl when he sees how easily his powers have been stopped.

He lashes out with a blast of light, Mandarb feels his very mind warping under the attack taking 9 points of damage.
    Pefkalos
    Pefkalos

Post  Pefkalos Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Mandarb grunts, but bears the pain aas best he can once again dropping shoulder to charge...
    That smug grin must be wiped from his enemy's face, completely.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:25 pm

The charge hits him hard, and knocks him back a few paces. He exhales sharply from the force of the impact and grimaces in pain.

Once again he attacks with a blast of light, forcing Mandarb to buckle under the relentless onslaught onto his mind. Mandarb takes another 6 points of damage.

Mandarb collapses onto his knees. The crowd cheer as Mandarb falls. The Grey Ruiner walks towards you, a slight stagger in his step from the damage he has taken. "Well met brave Mandarb, I'll ensure you live to fight again. It was a pleasure doing battle with you, maybe next time we may fight on the same side." As he finishes speaking you see him teleport a short distance back towards the gate as guards come to collect you. When they get there you collapse into unconsciousness and they haul your body to the medical centre.
    Thalric
    Thalric
    Admin

Post  Thalric Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Astrid is sitting alone in the gladiator complex when a guard comes up to her. "You, you havn't done a round yet. Take this and this and follow me to the arena floor now." The guard throws her a shortspear, shortsword and a slightly damaged piece of leather armour.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:17 am